Computer Science Internship: Discover the world of Machine Control and Metrology
An internship at the Metrology and Machine Control department of ASML is a great opportunity to experience working in a dynamic and international environment where you will be challenged daily to push technology boundaries further. We have multiple internship opportunities for students with a background in computer science. You are not applying for a single vacancy but for multiple vacancies at the same time! By doing your internship at metrology and machine control, you will receive the ideal combination of ‘doing’ and ‘learning’ that will build the fundamentals needed for a technical career.
Metrology and Machine Control orchestrates the behavior of complex logistics and powerful mechatronic modules, so together they achieve an extraordinary combination of speed and accuracy. It’s basically the brain of ASML lithography systems.
As a software engineer or data engineer, you could break new ground by developing robust supervisory control systems, architecture designs for efficient development, and translating computational models of physical phenomena into software.
Within software Metrology and Machine Control groups we have interesting R&D assignments on:
• Supervisory control models (C/C++, and formal models based on FDR);
• Patterns and designs for computational control/calibration models;
• Data design, translation, and reporting;
• Automation of the machine via external interfaces;
• Improving development efficiency: Domain Specific Languages, dealing with legacy code, and code generation and migration;
• Diagnostic tooling, performance monitoring, and validation (e.g. performance, data, and requirements).
Please indicate in your motivational letter what direction is to your interest.
• You are a final year Bachelor or Master student with a study background in Computer Science.
• You are able to translate functional requirements and design in to software designs.
• You have a strong affinity with supervisory control and finite state machines, or mathematics and physics.
• Skills in C, C++, Python MATLAB, or Qt are necessary.
• You have (project) experience in a technical environment.
• You have excellent communicator and self-propelling skills.
This is a Bachelor or Master Graduation Internship with a duration of a minimum 5 months.
Please note that we can only consider students who are enrolled at a school for the entire duration of the internship.
Your internship will be in one of the leading Dutch corporations, gainingvaluable experience in a highly dynamic environment. You will receive a monthlyinternship allowance based on your educational level and number of days perweek, plus a possible housing or travel allowance. More information on theallowances can be found on our website. In addition you will get expert,practical guidance and the chance to work in and experience a dynamic,innovative team environment.
ASML: Be part ofprogress
We make machines that make chips – the hearts of the devices that keep usinformed, entertained and safe; that improve our quality of life and help totackle the world’s toughest problems.
We build some of the most amazing machines that you will ever see, and theapplications to run them. Never satisfied, we measure our performance in unitsthat begin with pico or nano.
We believe we can always do better. We believe the winning idea can come fromanyone. We love what we do – not because it’s easy, but because it’s hard. AtASML we are always pushing technology further.
Students: Getting readyfor the real-world
Teamwork is key within ASML. Our R&D team is more than 5,500 people strongand worldwide we form one big team with over 25,000 employees. These colleagueshave 123 different nationalities and work at our major sites on threecontinents.
Dozens of diverse, interdisciplinary teams work in parallel to meet achallenging development schedule. In this inspiring environment, yourcolleagues may be sitting next door, or they could be thousands of kilometersaway in a different country, or even working for a different company.
An internship at ASML is your opportunity to get to know this world and get afeel for that excites you most. Use your education, gain real-life workingexperience and explore the world of high-tech – all at the same time.
How will you be part ofprogress?
Vul in waar je vergelijkbare vacatures zoekt en vergeet je e-mailadres niet!
We heten wel StudentJob, maar iedereen is even welkom. Ook als je al wat meer ervaring hebt. Meer weten? Check onze FAQ.