Customer Engagement Specialist - German speaker
Are you fluent in English and in German and in preferably another 3rd language? Are you eager to keep up to date on Elsevier’s products to give excellent customer support to our clients? Then we would like to meet you!
As a Customer Engagement Specialist, your primary objective is to contact new and existing Corporate, Academic and Government clients at various points during the agreement life cycle in order to identify risk and gauge customer satisfaction from a technical and commercial perspective. As our customer specialist you will provide educational and promotional resources for customer engagement helping customers to make the best use of our products.
Furthermore you will need to identify any further opportunities, challenges or commercial needs within an account and take necessary action to ensure that customer achieves maximum value from their subscription. In order to reach those objectives you will collaborate with internal stakeholders, sales customer consultants, product managers, marketing, and customer support to ensure effective co-ordination and visibility of customer engagement.
This role is based in Amsterdam, close to Amsterdam Sloterdijk
- Serve as a specialist ensuring clients successfully engage with the products and that they are realizing the full potential of the solutions.
- You pro-actively contact clients by phone and you document and capture clients' needs and challenges into the CRM system.
- You provide resource tools and promotional materials to help customers engage with products
- Analyze key performance indicators discussing with users how they are currently using Elsevier solutions.
- Provide education and recommendations on how to maximize the potential of the subscribed product, as well as, other product solutions which will enhance ROI and improve the client's bottom line.
- Gain insight into the needs and challenges of the customer
- Evaluate and report customer's use of products
- Report at risk clients and provide customer feedback to Product, Marketing, and Sales
- Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or
- negative situations, listens and gets clarification, responds well to
- questions, demonstrates group presentation skills, participates in meetings.
What you should bring
What we offer
- Bachelor's Degree with direct experience in related field
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent telephone communication skills
- Proven track record of being a motivated self-starter with ability to work in a fast paced environment and meet critical deadlines
- Presentation/demonstration skills
- Fluent in English and in German is required. Turkish, French, Spanish or Dutch as an additional language is preferred.
- Competitive salary and a 13th month
- 27 days of leave
- Attractive collective health care insurance package with considerable reduction rates
- Solid Pension Plan, with a choice between a collective pension plan an individual pension plan
- Profit share or bonus plan subject to the company annual results
- You can participate in the convertible personnel bond scheme
- Flexible working arrangements
- Travel allowance for commuting
- Reductions to several personal insurance packages due to our collective agreements
- Additional benefits, such as memberships to Elsevier's magazines, discount on books and in-house sport facilities
- Numerous training, coaching and e-learning modules for long term job opportunities and development
- Several local and global networking communities to share best practices and knowledge
- Various social responsibility programs, channeling knowledge and strengths to help communities around the world improve education, science, health care and protect the environment.
An assessment or business case could be part of our selection procedure. A pre-employment screening will be part of our recruitment procedure.
We are a global company headquartered in Amsterdam, employing more than 7,000 people in 24 countries. Today we are driving innovation by delivering authoritative content with cutting-edge technology, allowing our customers to find the answers they need quickly. We are part of the RELX Group plc., employing over 34.000 staff.
A leading provider of science and health information, Elsevier partners with experts around the globe to develop world-class content, delivering it in ways that fuel discovery, drive innovation and improve health care. Our global community comprises over 7,000 journal editors, 70,000 editorial board members, 300,000 reviewers and 600,000 authors. They are scientists and clinicians; authors and editors, professors and students; information professionals and decision makers.
- HBO, Universiteit
- Fulltime (startersfunctie), Fulltime (ervaren)