At a... Are you interested in ESG issues such as climate change and how these can materialize as financial risks for the bank and her clients? Do you want to play a role in integrating ESG risks into day-to-day credit risk assessments?...
Are you interested in ESG issues such as climate change and how these can materialize as financial risks for the bank and her clients? Do you want to play a role in integrating ESG risks into day-to-day credit risk assessments? Then this might be the perfect job for you!
As Sustainable Finance Regulations (SFR) Expert you play a crucial role in the implementation of ESG-related regulations and supervisory expectations within the Credit Risk organization. Being part of the Sustainability team within Credit Risk Strategy & Oversight, you are perfectly positioned to:
- integrate the expectations of the regulations in the bank’s Credit Risk strategy,
- liaise with internal and external stakeholders, and
- to perform a 2nd line oversight role on SFR execution once the implementation phase has finished.
You will work in close collaboration with colleagues from other Credit Risk teams, the various business lines and with the Grids. You will also be one of the main Credit Risk liaisons to the bank-wide SFR Programme.
The main regulations are the ESG-related requirements of the EBA LOM (“EBA LOM ESG”), the ECB Guide on Climate & Environmental Risk (ECB Guide) and the EU Taxonomy. For the first, Credit Risk is the regulation owner and reports to higher management on its implementation.
In your role as Sustainable Finance Regulations (SFR) Expert within Credit Risk, you are responsible for:
• Sustainable Finance Regulations implementation within the Risk Type Credit Risk: you provide expert advice from an ESG and Credit Risk perspective to the various workstreams within the SFR Programme where Credit Risk is in the lead / action owner;
• Pro-active stakeholder management of progress and potential impediments of SFR implementation, including regular meetings with the Credit Risk MT, SFR Programme Overlay and SFR RM Steerco;
• Ensure alignment with Grids (Risk, Corporate Credits, CRM) on timely implementation of deliverables;
• ESG Risk Policies and Standards: you stay up to date with developments within the key regulatory bodies about ESG Risk. You contribute to (the periodic reviews of) the bank’s Risk Appetite and Risk Policies to ensure that ESG related matters are properly reflected in Credit Risk Type.
• Sustainability Reporting: you contribute to the bank’s public reporting on our ESG Risk Management practices and performance.
You will become part of a team of highly driven ESG experts within the Strategy & Oversight team within Credit Risk. Next to that, you will also be part of a Credit Risk project team that is further supported by external consultants. Together, you will carry the responsibility of the proper and timely implementation of the various Credit Risk deliverables for the SFR Programme.
You will connect and communicate with a broad range of stakeholders, mainly in the context of the bank-wide SFR Programme. You challenge and support them and you actively integrate ESG risks within the bank’s Risk Management processes. You perform a 2nd Line of Defense role in detecting ESG risks and translating those to credit risks for the various sectors.
You are passionate about the Climate, Environment and Human Rights and have broad knowledge of and experience in financial analysis, credit structuring and credit origination and monitoring procedures. You are a team player and communicative. You like to take different perspectives into account and you are able to integrate these into practical deliverables and solutions. You are pragmatic and are able to keep clear oversight within large projects, and are able to deal with high-pressure deadlines.
Skills and Experience:
✓ 5+ years of experience in credit structuring / analysis roles within a commercial bank.
✓ Experience in (ESG) Risk Management, Climate Scenarios / Stress Tests.
✓ Experience with EU Sustainable Finance Regulations (EU Taxonomy, EBA LOM (ESG), ECB Guide on CER, NFRD, SFDR) is highly desirable
✓ Project management skills
✓ Knowledge of international ESG frameworks such as the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights and the Equator Principles is very valuable.
✓ Fluent in English. Dutch is a plus.
Vul in waar je vergelijkbare vacatures zoekt en vergeet je e-mailadres niet!
We heten wel StudentJob, maar iedereen is even welkom. Ook als je al wat meer ervaring hebt. Meer weten? Check onze FAQ.